[Airresources] DEM-Client Survey

McVay, Doug (DEM) doug.mcvay at DEM.RI.GOV
Thu May 29 10:31:34 EDT 2014

In an attempt to get wide distribution of this message to those
stakeholders who currently "do business" with DEM's Office of Air
Resources we are distributing the message using our list serve.  My
apologies to those of you to whom this message does not apply or have
already been notified about this survey through other means.

In the current budget climate, DEM has limited funds to invest in
information technology improvement projects. The list of potential
projects is long, and far outweighs our capacity to design, build, and
implement. For these reasons, we are reaching out to our Bureau of
Environmental Protection stakeholders to survey opinions and needs in
order to determine what area of investment will be most beneficial to
the people and organizations we work with on a regular basis. Feedback
from this survey will weigh heavily on the decisions we make and the
priorities we set as we plan our IT projects into the future. This needs
assessment will also be very helpful in our continuing efforts to secure
funding for these projects, particularly if they can be shown achieve
efficiencies, meet business needs, and/or save money both internally and
externally.

The survey is available through the link below. The survey is anonymous,
but there is an option to include an e-mail at the end.

Thank you for your support on this and other issues and we look forward
to seeing the feedback on this important survey.

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1575783/DEM-Client-Survey

Doug McVay, Chief

Office of Air Resources

RI Dept of Environmental Management