[Owrinfo] Public Notice, Water Quality Certification for Rhode Island Programmatic General Permits proposed by USACE

Pena, Traci (DEM) traci.pena at dem.ri.gov
Tue Feb 1 15:17:56 EST 2022

Please find, attached, a copy of a public Notice regarding a Request for Water Quality certification by the US Army Corps for Engineers, which is proposing to issue a General Permit for projects and activities that occur within Waters of the US within Rhode Island. This is a revision to and re-issuance of the Rhode Island General Permits (GP's)  administered by USACE that are due to expire on March 3, 2022. Since the GP's cover multiple activities within any waterway or wetland statewide that is considered  "Waters of the US" , we are trying to get as wide a distribution of the attached notice as we can. Further details can be found within the attached Notice. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Thank you.

Chuck Horbert, Deputy Administrator
Groundwater & Freshwater Wetlands Protection
RIDEM Office of Water Resources
(401) 222-6820, ext. 2777402

STAY INFORMED on our New Freshwater Wetlands Rules<https://rules.sos.ri.gov/regulations/inactive/part/250-150-15-2>!
For info, go to dem.ri.gov/newwetlandsrules<http://www.dem.ri.gov/newwetlandsrules>

Visit our updated construction stormwater webpage: dem.ri.gov/stormwaterconstruction<http://www.dem.ri.gov/programs/water/permits/ripdes/stormwater/construction.php>

ONLINE PERMIT SEARCH TOOLS<http://www.dem.ri.gov/programs/water/permits/>: View Permit Status, Historical Information and download available documents at dem.ri.gov/waterpermits<http://www.dem.ri.gov/programs/water/permits/>