[Owtsinfo] March Classes Available at the URI New England Onsite Wastewater Training Program! Register Now!

Onsite Wastewater Treatment System owtsinfo at listserve.ri.gov
Wed Feb 5 14:26:17 EST 2020

The University of Rhode Island - New England Onsite Wastewater Training Program (NEOWTP) is currently registering participants for OWT 192, Recent Advances in Onsite Wastewater Research, on March 5 and OWT 105, Innovative and Alternative Technologies on March 26.

March 5, 2020 - OWT 192 -  Recent Advances in Onsite Wastewater Research will introduce registrants to new practical OWTS research findings developed by the Laboratory for Soil Ecology and Microbiology (LSEM) at URI. This is a hands on, interactive course covering a variety of topics including nitrogen dynamics in conventional and advanced N-removal technologies, greenhouse gas emissions from OWTS, emerging contaminants and their treatment, and the impact of climate variability on OWTS performance. Additionally, instructors will discuss performance monitoring of Southern New England I&A technologies, newly emerging soil treatment area options designed to remove nitrogen and the importance and reliability of rapid field tests to help monitor wastewater characteristics and system performance in real time. This popular, full day (8am-5pm) class has been designed to engage participants in the subject matter through small break out groups and discussion, and concludes with an engaging and fun round of wastewater jeopardy! 4 CEU's Class I-IV.  March 5, 2020 8am-5pm.

March 26, 2020 - OWT 105 - Innovative and Alternative Technologies is a required course  in order to install and design Bottomless Sand Filters in RI. Registrants interested in becoming a trained BSF installer or designer may complete their training in May 2020 after taking both OWT 105 and OWT 125, Bottomless Sand Filters, on May 7, 2020. Registrants MUST TAKE OWT 105 in order to register for OWT 125. Learn about the regulatory status of I&A systems; selecting the proper system for your site; the treatment train process and standards, and wastewater distribution issues. We will also teach you about pump controls, alarms, and timers, basic components common to most I&A technologies, media filters, and more. This is a full day (8am-5pm) class held in the classroom. 4 CEU's. Class I-IV. March 26, 2020. 8am-5pm.

Please note NEOWTP must meet a minimum number of  participants in order to run a class. Please register early to ensure the class you want to register for is not cancelled.

Click here to register: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__web.uri.edu_owt_&d=DwIFAg&c=tSLbvWYfvulPN3G_n48TUw&r=mFo_PQgKiG9BdqWd-3e80ftB8ffgqCZgAhuqVNuMqAM&m=KeCbFJEPkSzsNs9W8jSEI9WEWto3ZwM4qtR1vn11mLY&s=r1aRH6aVh0kVdS0KO3CyWI8UY_SmPqA-C8yPTp4rrho&e=
NEOWTP
neowtp at uri.edu<mailto:neowtp at uri.edu>
(401)-874-5950
University of Rhode Island
1 Greenhouse Road
001H Coastal Institute,
Kingston, RI 02881

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D5160E.C63939D0]
Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management
Office of Water Resources - Onsite Wastewater Treatment Systems (OWTS) Program
235 Promenade Street, Providence RI 02908
Website Address: http://www.dem.ri.gov/septic<http://www.dem.ri.gov/septic>;
OWTS Phone Line: 401.222.3961;
OWTS General Information Email Address: DEM.OWTS at dem.ri.gov<mailto:DEM.OWTS at dem.ri.gov>

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D5DC2E.D6DDBCC0]<http://www.dem.ri.gov/septicsmart>