[Owtsinfo] GST Leaching Systems A/E Technology Certification Revised August 31, 2020

Onsite Wastewater Treatment System owtsinfo at listserve.ri.gov
Tue Sep 1 15:05:12 EDT 2020

Please note that the previously approved RIDEM OWTS A/E Technology Certification issued for GST Leaching Systems was revised on August 31, 2020.

Changes include:

  1.  Maximum leachfield cover has been increased from 12 inches to 30 inches.
  2.  Designer Qualifications have changed. Class I Designers are now allowed to design these systems in accordance with the following:

Authority to Design the GST Leaching System:   Cl-II Licensed Designers & RI-PEs: All Designs

Cl-I Licensed Designers: Conventional Septic Tank Effluent with Gravity Distribution to Leachfield and;

Cl-I Licensed Designers: Conventional Septic Tank Effluent with Low Pressure Pipe Distribution to Leachfield per OWTS Rule 6.36.A.6

For full details of the changes visit our website to view the current A/E Technology List which was updated on 8-31-2020 (Don't forget to hit the refresh button on your web browser): http://www.dem.ri.gov/programs/benviron/water/permits/isds/pdfs/ialist.pdf

Thank you.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D68071.49F0DCB0]
Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management
Office of Water Resources - Onsite Wastewater Treatment Systems (OWTS) Program
235 Promenade Street, Providence RI 02908
Website Address: www.dem.ri.gov/septic<http://www.dem.ri.gov/septic>;
OWTS Phone Line: 401.222.3961;
OWTS General Information Email Address: DEM.OWTS at dem.ri.gov<mailto:DEM.OWTS at dem.ri.gov>

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D68071.49F0DCB0]<http://www.dem.ri.gov/septicsmart>