[Owtsinfo] FW: Register Now for Upcoming In-Person Classes with the NEOWTP

Onsite Wastewater Treatment System owtsinfo at listserve.ri.gov
Tue Apr 4 15:50:45 EDT 2023

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd
[New England Onsite Wastewater Training Program - University of Rhode Island Cooperative Extension][https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://cvent.com__;!!KKphUJtCzQ!NCWXowlLX1Kr0fJ8kzf-fZZNTJZeaazD3HrG1J2ZAX_jchjgoPlKagrirSipSciOvWDaXBf96i5c2z0ogd74UPdki9KOJ88nFoQ$ [cvent[.]com]]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.cvent.com/api/email/dispatch/v1/click/w4bmpqm7bvhg5r/qn5gjv4z/aHR0cHMlM0ElMkYlMkZ3ZWIudXJpLmVkdSUyRm93dCUyRiY2NlpKY0F1UGRCWGxMRW1ZeVIlMkZ1JTJCTmZ3UWdBbHVaM2VlS3NEYzZYTnFJTSUzRCY__;!!KKphUJtCzQ!PWyNwLEY3Iy9PA1ybolZBXcOCcO7UmKjATbB1yazbV6Bf9cFZsXNnN5DGtpjeCXh9GHmrGdA-I7gRHRe9PYxGA$>

Register Now for Spring and Early Summer In-person Classes
Register Online Now [https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://cvent.com__;!!KKphUJtCzQ!NCWXowlLX1Kr0fJ8kzf-fZZNTJZeaazD3HrG1J2ZAX_jchjgoPlKagrirSipSciOvWDaXBf96i5c2z0ogd74UPdki9KOJ88nFoQ$ [cvent[.]com]]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.cvent.com/api/email/dispatch/v1/click/w4bmpqm7bvhg5r/qn5gjv4z/aHR0cHMlM0ElMkYlMkZ3ZWIuY3ZlbnQuY29tJTJGZXZlbnQlMkYzMzhmMTc2NC0zNmVhLTRhNTEtODRmNy0wMmJmZGMwZjFiNTglMkZyZWdQYWdlJTNBYmQ1MWU2NWEtY2Y4OS00NDhhLWFiMjMtMTdmMjZmMDAyYzkwJk9RY3lEcG8wS1dqTVJ6M0xLU1BLUlFLaXFORUJUdmg1JTJGRTN3N0tEa21layUzRCZSZWdpc3RlcitPbmxpbmUrTm93__;!!KKphUJtCzQ!PWyNwLEY3Iy9PA1ybolZBXcOCcO7UmKjATbB1yazbV6Bf9cFZsXNnN5DGtpjeCXh9GHmrGdA-I7gRHTqUzUWRA$>

The NEOWTP has scheduled several in-person classes throughout the spring and summer in Kingston, northern RI and Danielson, CT.  In-person classes must meet a minimum number of registrants to run the class- register now to avoid possible cancellation of the following classes.

NEXT WEEK! April 13, 2023 8am-5pm Kingston, RI
OWT 105: Innovative and Alternative Technologies
Spend the morning in the classroom and learn about the regulatory status of I&A systems; selecting the proper system for your site; the treatment train process and standards; and wastewater distribution issues. We will also teach you about timed-dosing; the basic components common to most I &A technologies; media filters – sand, trickle, foam, peat, textile; fixed activated sludge systems; ATUs; drainfield options; and operation and maintenance requirements.  The afternoon portion of this class will be held outdoors at the NEOWT Center followed by a tour of I&A systems currently in use in Charlestown, RI.

April 20, 2023
8am-12:30pm Slatersville, RI
OWT 140: All about Series: Sand Media
This class visits a regional specialty sand and gravel processing facility in Slatersville (Northern Rhode Island), where you’ll learn about blind sieve analysis of sand samples, how to conduct a quick field test to determine quality of sand product, and the importance of effective size and uniformity coefficient. We’ll tour the facility and observe the raw product before processing, the water particle separation process and the kiln dry and bag house.

June 1, 2023
8am-12:30pm Danielson, CT
OWT 135: All about Series: Septic Tanks
We will visit a regional septic tank manufacturing facility in Danielson, CT and learn about new concrete mixes, quality control, general tank construction, tank manholes, cast-in-place riser adapters and boots, riser installations, mid-seam wrapping, and vacuum testing techniques. We’ll also cover specifications for ordering custom tanks.

June 8, 2023
8am-12:30pm Kingston, RI
OWT 150: AutoCalcs
This class is focused on Bottomless Sand Filter (BSF) design and provides you with several spreadsheet programs for your office computer. We’ll demonstrate how to use the spreadsheet programs to run calculations that determine system design requirements. The programs will help you to size a BSF with proper orifice and lateral spacing, determine the elevations for all floats and screen vaults, and required timer run times. Additional spreadsheets will help you with tank and pump chamber buoyancy calculations.

Inspection Classes
May 2023 Kingston RI
Looking to join the NEOWTP Inspector Registry? Complete our 2-day registry training by completing  Inspection 100: Conventional Onsite Wastewater System Inspection and Field Training on May 12 and 13, 2023.  Classroom training on May 12 will be offered online and field training will be held at the NEOWT Center and two local field inspections in nearby Charlestown. Registrants may take field training (INSP 100B) without registering for INSP 100A, however, they are not eligible to take the registry exam. Priority will be given to registrants taking both classes.  Already a registered inspector and seeking more  training in point of sale inspections? Take Inspection 150: Functional Inspections on May 25, 2023.

Soil Classes with Dr. Mark Stolt
June 2023 Kingston Campus
Dr. Stolt is offering his popular soil  classes in June, 2023. Soils 101, "Introductory Soil Morphology and Evaluation for Siting Onsite Systems",  Soils 213,  "Advanced Soil Morphology" and Soils 313, "Soil Evaluation and Morphology" are all open for registration and are now listed on the NEOWTP 2023 schedule. [https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://cvent.com__;!!KKphUJtCzQ!NCWXowlLX1Kr0fJ8kzf-fZZNTJZeaazD3HrG1J2ZAX_jchjgoPlKagrirSipSciOvWDaXBf96i5c2z0ogd74UPdki9KOJ88nFoQ$ [cvent[.]com]]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.cvent.com/api/email/dispatch/v1/click/w4bmpqm7bvhg5r/qn5gjv4z/aHR0cHMlM0ElMkYlMkZjdmVudC5tZSUyRkVEbU1kbyZkYTdVNHd1NUZqJTJCbFE2TVFjUzQ2dTVRY1E4Z25zTkpwR01lTzJoR2xlYmclM0QmTkVPV1RQKzIwMjMrc2NoZWR1bGUu__;!!KKphUJtCzQ!PWyNwLEY3Iy9PA1ybolZBXcOCcO7UmKjATbB1yazbV6Bf9cFZsXNnN5DGtpjeCXh9GHmrGdA-I7gRHS7mB0ZjA$>

Please visit our webste for a full class listing, including class fees and continuing education credit information.  Questions? Contact Lisa Hollister at neowtp at uri.edu<mailto:neowtp at uri.edu> or 401-874-5950.

[New England Onsite Wastewater Training Program - University of Rhode Island Cooperative Extension][https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://cvent.com__;!!KKphUJtCzQ!NCWXowlLX1Kr0fJ8kzf-fZZNTJZeaazD3HrG1J2ZAX_jchjgoPlKagrirSipSciOvWDaXBf96i5c2z0ogd74UPdki9KOJ88nFoQ$ [cvent[.]com]]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.cvent.com/api/email/dispatch/v1/click/w4bmpqm7bvhg5r/qn5gjv4z/aHR0cHMlM0ElMkYlMkZ3ZWIudXJpLmVkdSUyRm93dCUyRiY2NlpKY0F1UGRCWGxMRW1ZeVIlMkZ1JTJCTmZ3UWdBbHVaM2VlS3NEYzZYTnFJTSUzRCY__;!!KKphUJtCzQ!PWyNwLEY3Iy9PA1ybolZBXcOCcO7UmKjATbB1yazbV6Bf9cFZsXNnN5DGtpjeCXh9GHmrGdA-I7gRHRe9PYxGA$>

The University of Rhode Island encourages all people to participate in its programs and activities. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about accessibility inclusion, please contact Lisa Hollister at neowtp at uri.edu<mailto:neowtp at uri.edu> or 401-874-5950.
 If you speak a language other than English as your primary language and require interpretation or translation services, contact please contact Lisa Hollister at neowtp at uri.edu<mailto:neowtp at uri.edu> or 401-874-5950.
Contact must be made at least five (5) business days in advance of the date of required services or anticipated participation. Interpretation and accommodation services are offered at no cost and are available upon request. If requests are received after this date, we might not have enough time to make the necessary arrangements.
URI Cooperative Extension is committed to community, equity, and diversity andprohibits discrimination in all its programs, services, and activities.
If you no longer want to receive emails from the NEOWTP,  please contact neowtp at uri.edu <mailto:neowtp at uri.edu> to be removed from our distribution list.

[Cvent - Web-based Software Solutions][https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://cvent.com__;!!KKphUJtCzQ!NCWXowlLX1Kr0fJ8kzf-fZZNTJZeaazD3HrG1J2ZAX_jchjgoPlKagrirSipSciOvWDaXBf96i5c2z0ogd74UPdki9KOJ88nFoQ$ [cvent[.]com]]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.cvent.com/api/email/dispatch/v1/click/w4bmpqm7bvhg5r/qn5gjv4z/aHR0cHMlM0ElMkYlMkZ3d3cuY3ZlbnQuY29tJjdna1BnTkdJQlAyaGc4dGdBZXpBRmdiOGxqaW1NN2l4Q0p1dmglMkI0MzYwNCUzRCY__;!!KKphUJtCzQ!PWyNwLEY3Iy9PA1ybolZBXcOCcO7UmKjATbB1yazbV6Bf9cFZsXNnN5DGtpjeCXh9GHmrGdA-I7gRHSw21QaRg$>