[RIHESPAG] Higher Education Suicide Prevention Advisory Group Updates

Rhode Island Higher Education Suicide Prevention Advisory Group rihespag at listserve.ri.gov
Tue Feb 27 14:58:12 EST 2018

Hi Everyone,

We have quite a few updates to cover in this email so to make it easy for everyone, I’ve bulleted each and put them below for your reference:

  *   New group email listserve!
     *   After reviewing members’ feedback on communication preferences, it was clear that the best way for members to share information and receive updates is by establishing an email listserve for the group. This will allow members to easily solicit the full group for feedback or input on suicide prevention activities or share resources that would be useful to everyone. To use the listserv, simply send an email to rihespag at listserve.ri.gov<mailto:rihespag at listserve.ri.gov> , your email and all attachments will automatically be sent to all current members of the group.
     *   I will be serving as the listserv administrator so if you would like to have additional individuals added to the group just let me know and I’ll add them ASAP. I can also remove/change emails associated with the listserve so feel free to reach out directly to me at any time with any questions or concerns.
     *   I ask that members try to keep use of the listserve restricted to the topics of suicide and/or related mental health issues in college students but understand that there may be times you want to solicit members advice on other topics, if you would like to start a discussion on something other than these topics, please just let me know ahead of time.
  *   Next Quarterly Meeting
     *   The next quarterly meeting will be held on Thursday, April 26th from 3:00 to 4:30 PM on the Community College of Rhode Island’s Knight Campus in Room 1040. A big thank you to CCRI for being willing to host our next meeting.
     *   An agenda will be distributed to members beforehand, at this time we still have available time slots so if you and/or your colleagues are interested in presenting at the meeting please contact me at your earliest convenience so I can allocate time accordingly.
  *   Opioid Overdose Prevention Resources
     *   The Opioid Overdose Prevention Program here at the Department of Health has requested I share some resources with you that can help your campus be an active partner in reducing deaths from opioid overdoses.
     *   Attached here are several resources for you to review and/or share on your campus, including:
        *   What You Need to Know About the Opioid Epidemic
        *   Knowing the Risks of Opioid Prescription Pain Medications
        *   A list of Rhode Island Centers of Excellence for the Treatment of Opioid Use Disorder
     *   You can also contact Monica B. Tavares (401-222-1673; monica.tavares at health.ri.gov<mailto:monica.tavares at health.ri.gov>) to learn more about the following training opportunities for you and/or your colleagues:
        *   A presentation on the opioid epidemic
        *   Naloxone administration training
        *   NaloxBox (a self-contained overdose response kit) installation

Thank you all for taking the time to review these updates, look for more updates as we approach our next meeting date and in the meantime if you have anything to share with the group, please feel free to use the new listserve email address (rihespag at listserve.ri.gov<mailto:rihespag at listserve.ri.gov>).

Best Regards,

Travis Vendetti, BS
Youth Suicide Prevention Coordinator
Violence & Injury Prevention Program
Division of Community Health & Equity
Rhode Island Department of Health
(p)401-222-4390
Travis.vendetti at health.ri.gov<mailto:Travis.vendetti at health.ri.gov>

 [http://inside.health.ri.gov/img/logos/blackblue1inch.jpg]   [https://gallery.mailchimp.com/ece9b1661b3bf3b864a6894d1/images/dfa47766-cdc7-410c-8b27-3ec1b648f360.jpg]
This message and all attachments may contain information that is confidential and/or proprietary to the Department of Health, including personal health information, and disclosures or distribution to anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you believe you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by replying to this email and immediately delete this message without disclosure. Thank you.