[RIHESPAG] 2018 Pennsylvania Higher Education Suicide Prevention Conference

Rhode Island Higher Education Suicide Prevention Advisory Group rihespag at listserve.ri.gov
Fri Mar 30 10:01:19 EDT 2018

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pass along the information below on Pennsylvania's 2018 Higher Education Suicide Prevention Conference that will be taking place on May 21st and 22nd. If anyone is able to attend please feel free to bring back any lessons learned to share with the group.

We are pleased to announce that registration<http://www.hespc.org/2018conference> for our 2018 Higher Education Suicide Prevention Conference is now live. This conference is taking place on May 21 & 22, 2018 at the Penn Stater in State College, PA. Be sure to check out all of the information on both the main page<http://www.hespc.org/2018conference> and the registration page<https://hespc.org/2018registration/> (scroll down, there's a lot of great info on there!)

This conference is open to anyone on campus who plays a role in suicide prevention. Please pass this information on to all individuals whom you feel would be interested. We will also, once again, have a Student Mental Health Ambassadors track, where they will interact with leaders from The Jed Foundation and Active Minds. The conference rate is greatly reduced for student attendees.

The Higher Education Suicide Prevention Coalition (HESPC) is a state initiative in Pennsylvania, but our conference and resources are available to the national higher education suicide prevention community. For more information on the HESPC visit www.hespc.org<http://www.hespc.org>.

Please email rose.milani at jefferson.edu<mailto:rose.milani at jefferson.edu> with any questions.

Thank you and hope to see you there!

Rose Milani

[HESPC final 1 for email]

Rose Milani

Training and Dissemination Coordinator, SAMHSA GLS State Grant in PA

Project Coordinator, Higher Education Suicide Prevention Coalition

Project Coordinator, JeffHELP

Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

office #: 215-503-6456

hespc.org<http://hespc.org/>

www.preventsuicidepa.org<http://www.preventsuicidepa.org/>

preventsuicidepalearning.com<http://preventsuicidepalearning.com/>

jeffhelp.org<http://jeffhelp.org/>

Thomas Jefferson University

Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior

833 Chestnut St. Suite 210

Philadelphia, PA 19107

"May I never get too busy in my own affairs that I fail to respond to the needs of others with kindness and compassion."  ~Thomas Jefferson

Travis Vendetti, BS
Youth Suicide Prevention Coordinator
Violence & Injury Prevention Program
Division of Community Health & Equity
Rhode Island Department of Health
(p)401-222-4390
Travis.vendetti at health.ri.gov<mailto:Travis.vendetti at health.ri.gov>

 [http://inside.health.ri.gov/img/logos/blackblue1inch.jpg]   [https://gallery.mailchimp.com/ece9b1661b3bf3b864a6894d1/images/dfa47766-cdc7-410c-8b27-3ec1b648f360.jpg]
This message and all attachments may contain information that is confidential and/or proprietary to the Department of Health, including personal health information, and disclosures or distribution to anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you believe you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by replying to this email and immediately delete this message without disclosure. Thank you.