[Rimarinefisheries] New RIDEM Shellfish Program Webpages

Duhamel, Peter (DEM) peter.duhamel at dem.ri.gov
Fri Feb 27 11:10:34 EST 2015

Forwarded:

To all:

This is just a note to let you all know that RIDEM Office of Water
Resources' Shellfish Program has gone live with a new and improved
website: RIDEM Office of Water Resources Shellfish Program
<http://www.dem.ri.gov/programs/benviron/water/shellfsh/index.htm>  (If
you happen to go to our old page remember to refresh your browser and
clear your cache to load the new page)

The new webpages contain a wealth of information about our program along
with links to various other programs and agencies that interconnect with
our state's shellfish program.  We listened to our local recreational
and commercial shell fishermen and incorporated the comments we heard
into these new pages.

Now available on line from our web site is an interactive mapping
application of the classified shellfish waters of the state, Interactive
Shellfish Map
<http://ridemgis.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=60f82d6
d91ef4689adaeb55ff76354b6> .  Directly from this map you can connect to
the individual growing area descriptions and the presiding shoreline
survey of the area.  There are numerous query options to search the map,
such as area name, classification type or street address to name a few.
Printed maps can also be generated directly from this application to a
scale suited to the individual's interest.  It should be noted that
these maps are to be used as a reference tool only.  The legal
description of the area's classification is contained in the document,
"Notice of Polluted Shellfishing Grounds".
<http://www.dem.ri.gov/maps/mapfile/shellfsh.pdf>

In addition to the new web pages we now have established an email
account that goes directly to the shellfish program staff.  Please
contact us directly at our new address:  dem.shellfish at dem.ri.gov  to
let us know of missing or damaged closure signs, requests for data or
documents, or questions related to any of the topics overseen by Office
of Water Resources' shellfish program.

We are continuing to work on the Harvester Education component - so that
webpage is under construction but is scheduled to go live in early fall
of 2015.

Now if we could only get spring to arrive so we can get back out there
harvesting!

Lucinda M. Hannus

Senior Environmental Scientist

Office of Water Resources

RI Department of Environmental Management

235 Promenade St

Providence, RI 02908

401-222-4700 ext 7241

Cindy.hannus at dem.ri.gov