[Watersheds] Watersheds Mailing List Digest Settings

Zwarg, Jonathan (DEM) jonathan.zwarg at dem.ri.gov
Wed Mar 16 09:04:25 EDT 2016

Hi Folks,

It has come to our attention that some subscribers to the Watersheds email list have concerns about the content filtering of messages received through the "Digest" option.  Specifically, users who choose the "Digest" option (i.e. receiving list emails once a day in a single composite message as opposed to receiving each email as it is sent) are seeing email attachments scrubbed off the message and included as hyperlinks instead.  This is an artifact of the listserv software we are using and, unfortunately, can't be changed.  I can assure you that all of the intended attachments are still there via the links in the email text but you'll also notice additional links that don't make much sense.  These are the message headers and other email metadata that ordinarily are not visible through your mail client.

If you would prefer to see the messages formatted as they were submitted to the list, you can change your subscription settings to un-check the "Digest" option.  To make this change you'll need to log on to the Subscriber Administrative Page here: http://listserve.ri.gov/mailman/listinfo/watersheds.  If you have trouble, contact watersheds-owner at listserve.ri.gov<mailto:watersheds-owner at listserve.ri.gov> and we can make the change for you manually.

Note that it is our intention to avoid bombarding you with list emails so the number of messages you receive from the list shouldn't vary much regardless of your "Digest" settings.

Jon Zwarg
Senior Environmental Scientist
jonathan.zwarg at dem.ri.gov<mailto:jonathan.zwarg at dem.ri.gov>
Phone: (401)222-4700 x7205
Fax: (401)222-6177

R.I Department Of Environmental Management
235 Promenade Street
Providence, RI 02908

http://www.dem.ri.gov/programs/benviron/water/permits/isds/index.htm