[Watersheds] URI Watershed Watch indoor training coming up very soon

Linda Green lgreen at uri.edu
Thu Mar 31 20:43:08 EDT 2016

***** apologies for cross-postings*****

Hello watershed folks,

URI Watershed Watch is beginning its 29th monitoring season this year and
we like you to be a part of our volunteer team! One of our goals is
multi-year water quality monitoring and we always need new volunteers in
order to reach this goal. With a total of over 250 monitoring sites across
the state of Rhode Island, we need fresh and excited monitors each year.

Volunteers monitor waterbodies about once every other week from May to
October and also collect monthly samples for analysis at the URI Watershed
Watch Lab. Many sites are still in need of volunteers for 2016 and finding
a convenient site for each volunteer is a top priority. Attached is the
list of potential monitoring sites, see if one appeals to you!

Monitoring a site doesn’t take long and as volunteers become more
experienced it gets even faster and easier! Monitoring on lakes and ponds
is generally done mid-lake and mid-day and takes up to 1-2 hours. Rivers
and streams require about 45 minutes and are generally monitored in the
early morning.

Training sessions are coming up quick with classroom training on Saturday
April 2nd at 9am & repeated Wednesday April 6th at 6pm. These trainings are
followed up by field trainings on either Saturday April 16th or 30th. For
more information or to register for our trainings folks should contact
Elizabeth Herron at 401-874-4552 email eherron at uri.edu or Linda Green
401-874-2905, lgreen at uri.edu. Or just come to a training!

For the water,

Linda Green
Program Director, URI Watershed Watch
102 Coastal Institute in Kingston
1 Greenhouse Rd, Kingston, RI 02881
401-874-2905
lgreen at uri.edu
http://web.uri.edu/watershedwatch/ <http://www.uri.edu/ce/wq/ww>
www.usawaterquality.org/volunteer

*URI Watershed Watch  provides equal program opportunities to all.*