[Watersheds] FW: Don't miss the next Soak Up the Rain New England Webinar: Innovative Approaches to Financing Green Infrastructure

Panciera, Ernie (DEM) ernie.panciera at dem.ri.gov
Tue Mar 7 13:03:41 EST 2017

From: Schwartz, Myra [mailto:Schwartz.Myra at epa.gov] On Behalf Of SoakUptheRain
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2017 11:31 AM
Subject: Don't miss the next Soak Up the Rain New England Webinar: Innovative Approaches to Financing Green Infrastructure

           Soak Up the Rain New England Webinar Series
Wednesday, March 22, 2017
1:00-2:30 EST
                                                                 Register here* <https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2468234657606556931>

[Who Should Attend:   Municipal decision makers and DPW staff, environmental organizations, practitioners, and interested citizens- anyone who is considering a new project or looking to build on an existing program.   Webinar Series   We will be focusing on a range of innovative approaches to addressing stormwater in New England, presented by leaders from around the region.    * Hear about stormwater public outreach resources and programs   * See who's soaking up the rain as we showcase green infrastructure projects and programs   * Learn about the latest tools and resources from EPA and others for implementing and promoting green infrastructure and   * Engage with others as we share information about successes, barriers, and lessons learned while implementing green infrastructure in our New England communities.]Innovative Approaches to Financing Green Infrastructure: Managing municipal stormwater systems in the face of tightening budgets, extreme weather events and increasing program responsibilities
Speakers
James Houle, Program Director, University of New Hampshire Stormwater Center
Bill Boulanger, Superintendent of Public Works and Utilities, Dover, New Hampshire
The speakers will discuss challenges and solutions to managing municipal stormwater systems in 2017.
James Houle will discuss how inter-municipal cooperation has accelerated the adoption of cheaper, more effective stormwater control measures with significantly lower maintenance costs.
Bill Boulanger will explain how Dover has successfully incorporated best management practices and green infrastructure technologies into its everyday operations and maintenance activities at minimal cost.
Registration URL-
https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2468234657606556931
For questions about the webinar series or if you have ideas for additional webinar topics, please send an email to soakuptherain at epa.gov<mailto:soakuptherain at epa.gov>
For more information about the webinar series, visit the Soak Up the Rain website at https://www.epa.gov/soakuptherain