[Watersheds] Watershed Group/DEM Meeting Reminder and Agenda -- Wednesday, January 10

Panciera, Ernie (DEM) ernie.panciera at dem.ri.gov
Mon Jan 8 13:39:46 EST 2018

This is a reminder that The DEM Office of Water Resources and the RI Rivers Council are coordinating to convene a meeting of local watershed organizations and others involved in protecting and restoring our water resources and aquatic habitats.  The meeting will be this Wednesday, January 10th at 3:00 in Room 300 at the DEM Office in Providence.

The  meeting will be an opportunity for DEM to briefly share information on our activities and for watershed groups and others to express concerns you have about water resources and their management in RI.  Please give some thought on your view of  state and local priorities and needs.

Although we are targeting Watershed Groups (staff, boards, volunteers), anyone with an interest in our water resources and aquatic habitats in RI is invited to attend.

Below is an Agenda for the meeting.  If you are planning to attend, please send an email to let us know for planning purposes to Jenny Paquet at jenny.paquet at dem.ri.gov<mailto:jenny.paquet at dem.ri.gov>

Watershed Group/DEM Meeting
January 10, 2018
Room 300, DEM Office, Providence

3:00  Welcome and Introductions

3:10  RI Rivers Council Update

3:15  DEM Updates

  *   DEM Assessment of Water Quality/Impaired Waters Report/TMDLs
  *   Invasive Species Surveys
  *   Wetlands Rules
  *   Watershed Planning
  *   Bond Fund/319 grant awards
  *   EPA Southern New England Program Grant Opportunities

3:45  Discussion -- needs and concerns of watershed groups and others in attendance

4:30  Concluding Remarks and Next Steps

4:45  Adjourn

Note:  The regular monthly meeting of the RI Rivers Council will immediately follow in the same location.