[Watersheds] Tell us your thoughts about outdoor recreation in RI!

Panciera, Ernie (DEM) ernie.panciera at dem.ri.gov
Mon Oct 29 10:39:49 EDT 2018

Subject: Tell us your thoughts about outdoor recreation in RI!

DEM Division of Planning & Development is seeking public input on outdoor recreation across our state to help to inform the Rhode Island Statewide Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan (SCORP). Feedback will help us create better outdoor opportunities for all Rhode Islanders and visitors, and will be used to help prioritize funding for future outdoor recreation projects.

If you wouldn't mind taking a few moments to use our new interactive survey map, it would be very helpful! You can put a pin on the map to tell us about a recreational resource that is working well, something that needs improvement, or something that is missing (think hiking trails, parks, paddling opportunities, hunting, etc).

Go to dem.ri.gov/outdoorsurvey - your participation will help grow Rhode Island's outdoor recreational network.

If you are having trouble using the map or have any questions or other feedback, let me know!

Also, we are also hosting a series of Roundtable Discussions on specific outdoor recreation topics around the state - please consider attending any of these that you can:

Tuesday, October 30 * 6pm-8:00pm

Kettle Pond Visitor Center

50 Bend Road, Charlestown

Focus Topics: Trails/Mountain Biking

Thursday, November 1 * 7pm-9pm

Boys & Girls Club of Pawtucket

One Moeller Place, Pawtucket

Focus Topics: Parks, Playgrounds

Thursday, November 8 * 6pm-8:00pm Health Equity Zone HUB

1229 Main Street, West Warwick

Focus Topics: Health

Tuesday, November 13 * 6pm-8pm

Cold Spring Community Center

36 Beach Street, North Kingstown

Focus Topics: General Recreation

Tuesday, November 27 * 6pm-8pm

Quinta Gamelin Community Center

101 Asylum Road, Bristol

Focus Topic: Biking

Wednesday, November 28 * 6pm-8:00pm Exeter Public Library

773 Ten Rod Road, Exeter

Focus Topics: Hunting/Fishing

Monday, December 3 * 7:15pm-9pm

Woonsocket Harris Public Library

303 Clinton Street, Woonsocket

Focus Topic: General Recreation

Thanks,
Michelle

Michelle Sheehan
State Land Conservation Program Manager
Division of Planning and Development
Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management
235 Promenade Street, Providence, Rhode Island 02908
P. 401.222.2776 X 4436
E. michelle.sheehan at dem.ri.gov<mailto:michelle.sheehan at dem.ri.gov>