[Watersheds] RI Rivers Council Annual Meeting Wednesday, March 13 2019 at 3 pm at the State House - not new time and location

Panciera, Ernie (DEM) ernie.panciera at dem.ri.gov
Thu Mar 7 15:17:30 EST 2019

Dear RI Rivers Council members, Designated Watershed Council representatives, and colleagues,

The next Rhode Island Rivers Council (RIRC) meeting will be our Annual Meeting. It will take place next Wednesday, March 13, 2019 in and around the RI State House Library, Rhode Island State House, 82 Smith St., Providence, RI 02903 from 3- 5:00 pm.

The RI Rivers Council and the ten designated watershed councils will have displays set up around the second floor of the State House rotunda from 3:00-4:00 pm, with coffee, tea, and light refreshments available in the State Library.  Representatives of the RIRC and watershed councils will be there to spread the word about the important work being done by our organizations. We will also debut our new RIRC booklet and banner-map that was funded by the $2000 Legislative Grant we received from Rep. Carol Hagan McEntee and Rep. Robert Craven. We hope that legislators and the public will stop by and learn more about who we are and what we do, and perhaps take a picture with your favorite watershed council display.

At 4:00 pm, the RI Rivers Council will be recognized in the RI General Assembly.

After that, we will hold our meeting in the RI State House Library.  This meeting is open to the public and we hope you will join us!

The agenda is attached.

Feel free to forward this email and agenda to other people you know who might be interested.

The February 13, 2019 minutes will be sent shortly.

Some people are having difficulty receiving attachments so the agenda and minutes (when available) are also posted on our webpage, https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.ririvers.org_&d=DwIFAg&c=tSLbvWYfvulPN3G_n48TUw&r=PNPCCLvWGdSuU1Tdn5Dnfma8bA9iLrs91avOnZ4uMV0&m=X5t-5pQdw3jafhgXrwPxfVgiGvtMGcVUT1sScR9U1ts&s=RTioh00jU95GOJrQlk9lhpohy6yG1bViFtrunDj-GsQ&e= .

This is a friendly reminder to the Watershed Councils to email your written reports about your recent activities and news so they can be put in the March 2019 minutes. Please email them to RIRC member Paul Gonsalves (Paul.Gonsalves at doa.ri.gov<mailto:Paul.Gonsalves at doa.ri.gov>) who will be compiling them for the minutes. It would be great if the Watershed Councils also send their representatives to give a 5 minute summary report in person at the meeting (more information beyond the 5 minutes can be in the written report).

Looking forward to seeing you Wednesday, March 13!
Sincerely,
Veronica

Veronica M. Berounsky, Ph.D., Chair
Rhode Island Rivers Council
One Capitol Hill
Providence, RI 02908
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.ririvers.org&d=DwIFAg&c=tSLbvWYfvulPN3G_n48TUw&r=PNPCCLvWGdSuU1Tdn5Dnfma8bA9iLrs91avOnZ4uMV0&m=X5t-5pQdw3jafhgXrwPxfVgiGvtMGcVUT1sScR9U1ts&s=xuPWVeTJ2ojMJoJDfwXyZABySV54-lnzgPRVMphpzJs&e=<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.ririvers.org&d=DwIFAg&c=tSLbvWYfvulPN3G_n48TUw&r=PNPCCLvWGdSuU1Tdn5Dnfma8bA9iLrs91avOnZ4uMV0&m=X5t-5pQdw3jafhgXrwPxfVgiGvtMGcVUT1sScR9U1ts&s=xuPWVeTJ2ojMJoJDfwXyZABySV54-lnzgPRVMphpzJs&e=>
401-932-5141
vmberounsky at uri.edu<mailto:vmberounsky at uri.edu>
RIRC: Created by the RI General Assembly in 1991 to coordinate efforts to improve the quality of the state's rivers and their watersheds.