[Watersheds] 2023 Stormwater Innovation Center Annual Report

Zwarg, Jonathan (DEM) jonathan.zwarg at dem.ri.gov
Thu Jan 4 13:14:17 EST 2024

See below for an update from the Stormwater Innovation Center:

“The 2023 Stormwater Innovation Center (SIC) Annual Report is now available!

The Stormwater Innovation Center (SIC) conducts research, develops trainings and outreach on stormwater best practices focusing especially on green infrastructure. Created in 2020 as a collaboration between the Audubon Society of Rhode Island, the City of Providence Parks Department and The Nature Conservancy of Rhode Island, SIC has had a productive and very successful year.

In 2023, SIC expanded research and monitoring developed in Roger Williams Park to green infrastructure systems throughout Rhode Island. To build regional expertise in stormwater management, we organize place-based professional trainings and workshops for planners, engineers, landscape architects, contractors, and maintenance staff, fostering a community of knowledge sharing and networking. Our ongoing collaboration with municipalities and organizations across the region aims to expand the implementation of effective green infrastructure and improve water quality. Highlighting the green infrastructure in the park and informing the community about stormwater is essential to our mission. Through public outreach events, tours, community science programs, innovative signage and materials, and school programming, we aim to raise awareness and appreciation for sustainable stormwater practices, creating a positive environmental impact.

If you are interested in learning more about the accomplishments and impact we collaboratively achieved in 2023, you can view or download a high-resolution version of our Annual Report here. [https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://stormwaterinnovation.org__;!!KKphUJtCzQ!I-MxY1d02KwTOG_AYeKwqDVdRiGLJe5myXedZ-tQuhQohg9DiEoLWmH4OpK78xnjL3esW6_M4iJ0iXnVslU4D2LNPJ_WXmFs83VY$ [stormwaterinnovation[.]org]]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.stormwaterinnovation.org/2023-annual-report__;!!KKphUJtCzQ!KO4GdwQGuBnoH832VE_egG-LTvmgRw5noOsLRyU8S8mKeuy3r4jAQDgBaqCubR55LiKrhUB-LFjiAPzSV2Xv$>”