[Wwtfoperators] 2023-2024 Wastewater Leadership Boot Camp Program: Nomination Open Until August 4th

Operators of Wastewater Treatment Facilities wwtfoperators at listserve.ri.gov
Mon Jul 17 09:17:03 EDT 2023

All,

As mentioned at the last manager's meeting, DEM and the RICWA will be hosting a 2023-2024 Wastewater Leadership Boot Camp program, beginning this October.

With classes held on the third Wednesday of every month, the first session will be held on Wednesday, October 18, 2023.

Sessions generally run between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. and are held throughout the state. Participation is free of charge.

Please send me the name(s) and qualifications of your nominees for enrollment by Friday, August 4th.

Nominations must include:

  *   From Prospective Participants: A Letter of Interest which must be signed and professionally formatted.
  *   From You: A description of the nominees' qualifications - must include your justification for enrollment, including skills and any examples of their dedication to the industry. (We have had managers nominate themselves, which is perfectly acceptable.) Your nominations must also include your permission and commitment to allowing your nominated staff to attend all sessions, any makeup sessions (due to inclement weather, etc.), as well as the graduation ceremony, which is held at the RICWA Tradeshow in September of the following year.

The class will be capped at twenty participants.

There are a few changes for this upcoming year:

  *   As in past years, RICWA will be providing the bootcamp shirts. They will be free for bootcampers that are members of RICWA; however, for non-RICWA bootcampers, the shirt will be $35, made out to RICWA, and that will go towards a membership. Our partnership with RICWA has provided skilled instructors for this boot camp who donate their time to help both the participants and the industry.
  *   Participants will need to provide their own lunch. The lunches that were provided in previous bootcamps were made possible through donations from industry sponsors; however, this level of sponsorship is not available this year, so lunch will not be provided.

I'll send the letters of invitation to the approved nominees on or about August 15th.

Many thanks,

Jack Segal, EIT (he/him)
Environmental Engineer I
Wastewater Leadership Boot Camp Program Coordinator
Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management
Office of Water Resources - Operations and Maintenance Program
E: jack.segal at dem.ri.gov<mailto:jack.segal at dem.ri.gov>
T: (401)222-4700 ext. (277)-7251
Google Voice: (401)-484-1077