[Young Adult and Children's Services Discussion List] Native American representation in Middle grade fiction

Liz Gotauco liz at cumberlandlibrary.org
Thu Nov 21 18:01:00 EST 2019

Hey YA podcast featured some titles (and also bemoaned the lack of them). They featured:

Hearts Unbroken by Cynthia Leitich Smith

Code Talker by by Joseph Bruchac

After the Fall by Kate Hart

The Marrow Thieves by Cherie Dimaline

The Night Wanderer by Drew Hayden Taylor

#NotYourPrincess: Voices of Native American Women edited by Lisa Charleyboy and Mary Beth Leatherdale

And I’d throw in Eric Gansworth’s books, and Killer of Enemies by Bruchac too.

Best wishes,

Liz Gotauco

Teen Services Coordinator

Cumberland Public Library
(She/Her)

LogoBlueMedium

 <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.cumberlandlibrary.org_&d=DwIFaQ&c=tSLbvWYfvulPN3G_n48TUw&r=EJvg2ImHvBYuk6hTA3H1QNw0vEMfg_J4wersMgcqJvo&m=saA25TD6_ZtTwfXELbnDJW8AEcGmOTN83o1J4twcg2w&s=E9Ia-Aa8Z1-KT7TFbcJMMaSawqkt98qMVoSFoWkmi_U&e= > https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.cumberlandlibrary.org&d=DwIFaQ&c=tSLbvWYfvulPN3G_n48TUw&r=EJvg2ImHvBYuk6hTA3H1QNw0vEMfg_J4wersMgcqJvo&m=saA25TD6_ZtTwfXELbnDJW8AEcGmOTN83o1J4twcg2w&s=wfosOFS_61cswihgzcAopuT8RBd9SV5T-kF3Ig1sIn4&e=

Phone: (401) 333-2552 x6

 <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.instagram.com_cplteencenter_&d=DwIFaQ&c=tSLbvWYfvulPN3G_n48TUw&r=EJvg2ImHvBYuk6hTA3H1QNw0vEMfg_J4wersMgcqJvo&m=saA25TD6_ZtTwfXELbnDJW8AEcGmOTN83o1J4twcg2w&s=sPLtMIqpUYkUGrp_ZzrFmcKM16nBeG6MaEAhKaHrmaE&e= > Follow the Teen Center on Instagram!
We’re also on:  <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.facebook.com_CumberlandLibrary&d=DwIFaQ&c=tSLbvWYfvulPN3G_n48TUw&r=EJvg2ImHvBYuk6hTA3H1QNw0vEMfg_J4wersMgcqJvo&m=saA25TD6_ZtTwfXELbnDJW8AEcGmOTN83o1J4twcg2w&s=skHEcGg8VjYeA-ArwCbK_8kfbCLV2PjnueSZ2lLxwpc&e= > Facebook and  <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__twitter.com_Cumberlib&d=DwIFaQ&c=tSLbvWYfvulPN3G_n48TUw&r=EJvg2ImHvBYuk6hTA3H1QNw0vEMfg_J4wersMgcqJvo&m=saA25TD6_ZtTwfXELbnDJW8AEcGmOTN83o1J4twcg2w&s=vmCCnhINZeMWBo_jmagwsfx1ybcOtmZu3I1RvjJoLrM&e= > Twitter