[Owrinfo] New Forms

Pena, Traci (DEM) traci.pena at dem.ri.gov
Mon Nov 21 12:22:53 EST 2016

NOTICE to all Stormwater Site Designers.

TOPIC: RIDEM PROCESS IMPROVEMENT NEW FORMS

Most of you may be aware that RIDEM  - Office of Water has been working on making Stormwater Manual and Process Improvements.  In 2015, we combined the Water Quality Certification (WQC) program with stormwater engineers from Wetlands, RIPDES, and UIC and formed a permitting review team under the supervision of Alisa Richardson (see powerpoint given at RIBA for more info<http://www.dem.ri.gov/programs/benviron/water/permits/swcoord/pdf/consstormupss16.pdf>).  Over the last year, Alisa and her team have been aligning permit letters, databases and processes and are now onto the next step of aligning permit submissions and application forms.  The primary document required for all stormwater submissions will be the Appendix A checklist.  There is a draft of this document on the RIDEM website for your review.  The Appendix A checklist will be the primary location key stormwater information related to site development.  You'll find it looks a lot like the RIPDES NOI.  This change in use of the checklist allows us to simplify and consolidate the application form to include only the basic information like name and address.  Drafts of these new forms and of the Appendix A checklist are available on our website http://www.dem.ri.gov/programs/water/permits/ripdes/stormwater/coordinated-stormwater-permitting.php under "Draft Documents Pending to be effective 1/1/2017"

The goal here is to consolidate the RIPDES CGP, UIC, and WQC onto one application form (see diagram below).  Therefore, in order to be permitted for a WQC, UIC or RIPDES CGP, only one application form will be used.  This results in two paths to permitting rather than 4.  The two paths are, Wetlands or Stormwater/WQC.  If your wetlands project has a stormwater design component, then you must complete the Appendix A checklist and a stormwater review will be initiated through the wetlands program.

We are soliciting comments on the Appendix A checklist and associated material until Dec 1, 2017.  We intend to notify you of a revised Appendix A checklist, and application form by December 15 for use with new applications starting January 1, 2017.  Please send all comments on this information to alisa.richardson at dem.ri.gov<mailto:alisa.richardson at dem.ri.gov>.  Hope it helps!

[cid:image002.png at 01D243F1.F42795E0][cid:image007.jpg at 01D2419E.345C7B40]