[Owtsinfo] OWTS Application Guidance for Licensed Designers

owtsinfo at listserve.ri.gov owtsinfo at listserve.ri.gov
Mon Apr 30 11:36:41 EDT 2018

Attention OWTS Designers,

The DEM OWTS Permitting Program has recently developed an internal application review checklist to assist DEM staff in the completion of consistent, thorough, and timely reviews. Consistent and transparent reviews are important to the OWTS Program, the OWTS professional community, and the clients that you serve.

Today we are taking this effort a step further by providing insight into how all applications are reviewed. To this end we have developed an application guidance document for your use when preparing OWTS applications. This document outlines the DEM's expectations for OWTS applications and will assist you in meeting the many requirements established in the OWTS Rules.

Although nothing can substitute for the OWTS Rules, it is our hope that the attached guidance document will be of assistance to you and will achieve a reduction in application deficiencies going forward. Our goal is to improve customer service, process permits faster, and ensure that all rules and regulations are met to better protect our environment and public health.

Sincerely,

Mohamed J. Freij, PE, PLS
Supervising Sanitary Engineer
Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management
Office of Water Resources - Onsite Wastewater Treatment Systems (OWTS) Program
235 Promenade Street, Providence RI 02908
401.222.4700 ext. 7707
www.dem.ri.gov/septic<http://www.dem.ri.gov/septic>