[RIHESPAG] Assessment for Summit on Serving the Mental Health Needs of Postsecondary Students

Rhode Island Higher Education Suicide Prevention Advisory Group rihespag at listserve.ri.gov
Tue Dec 18 08:55:48 EST 2018

Hi Everyone,

It has come to my attention that some of you may have not seen the call for RI counseling center directors or their designees to complete a brief assessment of the mental/behavioral health services and relevant policies for each institution so I'm taking a minute to re-distribute the assessment (attached here) to this listserv in the hopes that it catches anyone it may have missed.

Please note that all of the data collected by this assessment will be de-identified and shared only in aggregate. Any completed assessments will be kept strictly confidential and will only be used for the purposes of the Summit. Specifically, they will be used as part of a presentation on the current landscape mental health services for RI college students so that the attendees of the Summit can see what resources are needed to better serve these students and hopefully generate support for making changes that will support your counseling centers.

Nance Roy of the JED foundation has graciously offered to do the data analysis of these assessment results and create a brief summary of the results (again only with de-identified data) so you can feel free to send your completed assessment directly to her (nance at jedfoundation.org<mailto:nance at jedfoundation.org>). However, some have said they would feel more comfortable sending their assessment to a third party and in that case Robert Samuels, URI's Counseling Center Director, has offered to receive the data first and de-identify it before sending it on to Nance so you can also send the results to him (rsamuels at mail.uri.edu<mailto:rsamuels at mail.uri.edu> ).

I apologize in advance because I know many of you may have received multiple emails about this assessment, even if you've already completed it, but as all the results are de-identified we need to keep sending it out to the full group until we get submissions from all of the colleges/universities in RI.

Please feel free to contact me (travis.vendetti at health.ri.gov<mailto:travis.vendetti at health.ri.gov> ) or Bess Wilbur (bwilbur at rinec.org<mailto:bwilbur at rinec.org>) if you have any concerns about the assessment or how it's results will be used.

Thanks and I hope you all are having a great holiday season!

Travis

Travis Vendetti, BS
Youth Suicide Prevention Coordinator
Violence & Injury Prevention Program
Division of Community Health & Equity
Rhode Island Department of Health
(p)401-222-4390
Travis.vendetti at health.ri.gov<mailto:Travis.vendetti at health.ri.gov>

 [http://inside.health.ri.gov/img/logos/blackblue1inch.jpg]   [https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__gallery.mailchimp.com_ece9b1661b3bf3b864a6894d1_images_dfa47766-2Dcdc7-2D410c-2D8b27-2D3ec1b648f360.jpg&d=DwIFAg&c=tSLbvWYfvulPN3G_n48TUw&r=dzyT-xeRX73lG2zc12dRKOniOGA-M_LyRlpOYwzZdxA&m=8NlhL7W43id_OI5CsikVoPRKvGfP_yy_Mxq8r4HxB3I&s=a6m5kQ_aheXcieG0gzTKba7kyHyjTvmhXRAKKAJoiOs&e=]
This message and all attachments may contain information that is confidential and/or proprietary to the Department of Health, including personal health information, and disclosures or distribution to anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you believe you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by replying to this email and immediately delete this message without disclosure. Thank you.