[RIHESPAG] RI Higher Education Suicide Prevention Advisory Group 9/18/18 Meeting Notes

Rhode Island Higher Education Suicide Prevention Advisory Group rihespag at listserve.ri.gov
Fri Sep 21 10:47:26 EDT 2018

Hi Everyone,

Please find attached several items of interest:

  1.  A copy of the 9/18/18 meeting notes, please contact me directly if you see any omissions and I will revise and re-distribute immediately
  2.  A electronic copy of the policy/protocol/resource packet from Bryant's Counseling Center that their staff utilizes when responding to students in crisis
  3.  A feedback form for you to fill out and submit (if you haven't already) regarding the planned "RI Colleges Mental Health Summit"

If you were able to attend the meeting, you will know we spoke extensively about the Young Adult Program at Butler Hospital and I'm sure that my notes do not do justice to the exceptional amount of information provided by Erin Ursillo, who is the Young Adult Program Manager at Butler. I encourage you to follow up with Erin directly if you have more specific questions about the program: eursillo at butler.og<mailto:eursillo at butler.og> . I also have some extra bundles of brochures with information about each program and if you were unable to attend the meeting you can contact me and I will send them to you directly.

We also discussed the planned "RI College Mental Health Summit" that is being organized by the Governor's office and the Office of the Postsecondary Commissioner and solicited feedback from all attendees, in order to not be too lengthy I did not include all of the feedback we included in the notes here but rest assured we will take everything we heard into account and present it to the full planning committee. If you were unable to attend but have thoughts about the Summit and what you would like to see it include, please email me directly or use the attached feedback form to submit your thoughts to me by Wednesday 9/26/18 so I can include it in the planning process.

Thank you to everyone for your contributions during the meeting, in my opinion you as a group continue to do a fantastic job of demonstrating the value in bringing together different institutions of higher learning to confront issues around mental health that are common to all campuses.

Best Regards,

Travis Vendetti, BS
Youth Suicide Prevention Coordinator
Violence & Injury Prevention Program
Division of Community Health & Equity
Rhode Island Department of Health
(p)401-222-4390
Travis.vendetti at health.ri.gov<mailto:Travis.vendetti at health.ri.gov>

 [http://inside.health.ri.gov/img/logos/blackblue1inch.jpg]   [https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__gallery.mailchimp.com_ece9b1661b3bf3b864a6894d1_images_dfa47766-2Dcdc7-2D410c-2D8b27-2D3ec1b648f360.jpg&d=DwIFAg&c=tSLbvWYfvulPN3G_n48TUw&r=dzyT-xeRX73lG2zc12dRKOniOGA-M_LyRlpOYwzZdxA&m=7zuhrOMs2sOzPy22kixpHCrjhYaPULpC_csj-uIaS4g&s=5UWD2c2FZidm-QQCXYG2IinadQThZnr7ywr2eQSvnEg&e=]
This message and all attachments may contain information that is confidential and/or proprietary to the Department of Health, including personal health information, and disclosures or distribution to anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you believe you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by replying to this email and immediately delete this message without disclosure. Thank you.