[RIHESPAG] Thank You and Call for Presentations Open for 2019 Higher Education Suicide Prevention Conference (Philadelphia, PA)

Rhode Island Higher Education Suicide Prevention Advisory Group rihespag at listserve.ri.gov
Tue Jan 8 08:48:19 EST 2019

Hi Everyone,

First of all a big thank you to all of those who were able to attend and/or participate in the Summit on Serving the Mental Health Needs of Postsecondary Students in RI that was held yesterday in Providence. I heard from many attendees that they appreciated the information/conversations at the event and several made valuable connections with those in attendance. I know the organizers of the event wish to use the event as a springboard to new initiatives or efforts designed to support the important work you do every day and I will of course continue to keep you informed of activities that emerge from this event as we move forward.

Secondly, one of our group’s members, Dr. Prachi Kene (Rhode Island College), asked me to share opportunity detailed in the email below to see if any fellow members would be interested in collaborating on a presentation at the 2019 Higher Education Suicide Prevention Conference in Philadelphia. Please contact Dr. Kene directly (pkene at ric.edu<mailto:pkene at ric.edu>) if you and/or any of your colleagues are interested in this opportunity to share your work and please feel free to copy me on the email so I can provide support in the way of RI specific suicide statistics or other information that may help you prepare your presentation.

I hope you all are having a great 2019 so far, I already have a few topics/presentations lined up for us in the new year so keep an eye out for emails from me announcing the next meeting date/location.

Best,

Travis Vendetti

Travis Vendetti, BS
Youth Suicide Prevention Coordinator
Violence & Injury Prevention Program
Division of Community Health & Equity
Rhode Island Department of Health
(p)401-222-4390
Travis.vendetti at health.ri.gov<mailto:Travis.vendetti at health.ri.gov>

 [http://inside.health.ri.gov/img/logos/blackblue1inch.jpg]   [https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__gallery.mailchimp.com_ece9b1661b3bf3b864a6894d1_images_dfa47766-2Dcdc7-2D410c-2D8b27-2D3ec1b648f360.jpg&d=DwIGaQ&c=tSLbvWYfvulPN3G_n48TUw&r=dzyT-xeRX73lG2zc12dRKOniOGA-M_LyRlpOYwzZdxA&m=BU-u5Ke2mxIS4mNihZT7LRTn0LvuTMfaOwJZlhyjTTI&s=UJ7CClQLTk7dda-VUzNGHwNVJpeFOFCDeOmHxjO6ies&e=]
This message and all attachments may contain information that is confidential and/or proprietary to the Department of Health, including personal health information, and disclosures or distribution to anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you believe you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by replying to this email and immediately delete this message without disclosure. Thank you.