[RIHESPAG] RI Council on Problem Gambling Annual Conference/Next Meeting of Group

Rhode Island Higher Education Suicide Prevention Advisory Group rihespag at listserve.ri.gov
Mon Jan 14 13:23:04 EST 2019

Hi Everyone,

Please see the attached flyer for a Save the Date notice for the RI Council on Problem Gambling's 4th Annual Conference. The event will be held on Friday, April 26, 2019, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., at the Providence Marriott Hotel.

The focus of this year's Conference is gambling-related legal issues as well as problem gambling prevention.  Conference presenters include Lesa Densmore, CRPA, RC, CRCCS, a former NCAA Division 1 Athlete and Recovery Coach,  bringing focus to sports betting and athletes; Shirley Hoak, JD, NCGC-II, CPRS, and Kaitlin Foshay-Brown, LPC, LADC, ICGC II, BACC will be presenting the Stacked Deck Curriculum; Attorney Christopher Lefebvre will be addressing bankruptcy issues; Attorney Dana Weiner will present on Lawyers Helping Lawyers; and Nancy Murray, CAGS, LCDP, ICOGS, the Rhode Island Lottery's Problem Gambling Program Manager, will be giving an overview of Problem Gambling Services that are available in Rhode Island. I encourage any of you who are examining issues around gambling on your campus to consider attending this event so you can find out more about resources available in RI and how they can be accessed.

In the meantime, I have also begun planning for this group's next quarterly meeting, if any of you think your organization would be able to host the next meeting please contact me directly (travis.vendetti at health.ri.gov<mailto:travis.vendetti at health.ri.gov> ) and let me know so I can start figuring out what dates are available/what works best for the entire group. I'm projecting it will be held sometime in April, which would keep us on roughly a quarterly schedule (if you count the Summit as our meeting in January).

I should also take this opportunity to note that I will be out of the office on vacation all of next week (1/19 through 1/27) with no access to email or phone just in case anyone is trying to get a hold of me during that time period. I will respond to all messages upon my return to the office on 1/28.

Thanks and I hope all of you have a great week!

Travis Vendetti

Travis Vendetti, BS
Youth Suicide Prevention Coordinator
Violence & Injury Prevention Program
Division of Community Health & Equity
Rhode Island Department of Health
(p)401-222-4390
Travis.vendetti at health.ri.gov<mailto:Travis.vendetti at health.ri.gov>

 [http://inside.health.ri.gov/img/logos/blackblue1inch.jpg]   [https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__gallery.mailchimp.com_ece9b1661b3bf3b864a6894d1_images_dfa47766-2Dcdc7-2D410c-2D8b27-2D3ec1b648f360.jpg&d=DwIFAg&c=tSLbvWYfvulPN3G_n48TUw&r=dzyT-xeRX73lG2zc12dRKOniOGA-M_LyRlpOYwzZdxA&m=O8c2ClmEQFW5oCkK2Ne9wJX-M02qnlpAUhzQhaunSK8&s=6umHBvHgZCPPLkU8-CnrDzKNrsbbEdHtx_IbqHux83M&e=]
This message and all attachments may contain information that is confidential and/or proprietary to the Department of Health, including personal health information, and disclosures or distribution to anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you believe you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by replying to this email and immediately delete this message without disclosure. Thank you.