[Watersheds] science communication workshop

Jennifer West jennifer at nbnerr.org
Wed Sep 14 10:15:56 EDT 2016

Communicating Science Effectively

October 4, 2016 | 9:00 am-12:00 pm

Even excellent science only has an impact when it is effectively
communicated. Learn about the fundamentals of science communication and the
tricks and tips of giving a presentation in this half-day session. Free.
Please  <https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/communicatingscienceeffectively>
register by 9/23. 3 AICP credits offered.

October 4, 2016 | 9:00 am-3:00 pm

Stay a little longer to learn about conceptual diagrams as a tool for
effective communication in addition to the topics above. $25. Lunch
included. Please
<http://asri.doubleknot.com/event/communicating-science-effectively/1971895>
register by 9/23. 5 AICP credits offered.

October 4-5, 2016 | 9:00 am-5:00 pm

Join us for the full two-day course for all of the above plus hands-on
experience using some of the software used in science communication. Learn
about the principles of layout design and apply them to your own
publication. $50. Lunch included both days. Please
<http://asri.doubleknot.com/event/communicating-science-effectively/1971895>
register by 9/23. 14 AICP credits offered.

Requirements: laptop with wireless internet and PowerPoint 2000+ and the
capability to download free trials of Adobe Illustrator CS2+ and Adobe
InDesign CS+ (if not already installed) and the free IAN symbol library.
Laptops may be borrowed if needed.

Not sure which portion(s) to attend? Please see the
<http://nbwctp.org/programs/CSE%20agenda.pdf> agenda for more details.

Coastal Institute, URI Bay Campus, Narragansett, RI

Testimonials: "The instructor:student ratio was fantastic - this was the
first course where I felt like I actually learned the basics about the
software to make my ideas a reality... it really was one of the best courses
I have ever taken" | "The only bad thing about this course is now I am
considered a guru among my lab and collaborators!" | "This course is an
excellent introduction to improving our science education skills. The nearly
equal emphasis between lecture and practice is very helpful"

Questions? Please contact Jennifer West at  <mailto:jennifer at nbnerr.org>
jennifer at nbnerr.org or 401-222-4700, x 7413.

Jennifer West

Coastal Training Program Coordinator