[Watersheds] Deadline today - New RIRC members, Land and Water Summit, Blueways Award

Zwarg, Jonathan (DEM) jonathan.zwarg at dem.ri.gov
Thu Jun 30 13:46:35 EDT 2022

The deadline is TODAY to register for the Land and Water Summitt and for nomination for the Blueways Award. Take care of those things today! See details below and attached.
Veronica

Dear RI Rivers Council members, Designated Watershed Council representatives, and colleagues,
First, if you were not able to attend our Annual Meeting at the RI State House on June 8th, you may not have heard the good news that our two RIRC nominees, Karen Wilder and Walter Berry, have been approved by the RI State Senate and are official RIRC members now. I was very happy to take out the word “nominees” from the salutation of this letter – for the first time in about 5 years! Congratulations to Karen and Walter!! And welcome aboard!
Second, at that meeting, Kate Sayles, the new Director of the RI Land Trust Council spoke to us about the upcoming Land and Water Summit, to be held on Friday July 15th with some events the day before and the day after. Here are some updates:

  *   The Summit Workshops and agenda for July 15 (main day) are live on the website:

19th Annual Land and Water Conservation Summit!<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.landandwaterpartnership.org_&d=DwMFaQ&c=dWz0sRZOjEnYSN4E4J0dug&r=ZIfKiIgrDixP6cTM2Qw0yd-boH-PbnHuWAyoniduEag&m=M32ID1WdG9Sao4IBOUNhMbWP77D09Bqgk8xn6KiOOXWoynvw3w_voUsneSGaRhzB&s=i2pbGcw57JbTf-_4BQidRwuSWaISG2LYXeWsp7j7U7I&e=>:

  *   There are 21 wonderful options to choose from.
  *   The Early Bird Registration Deadline has been EXTENDED to June 30th. Register here!<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.landandwaterpartnership.org_summit-5Fregister.php&d=DwMFaQ&c=dWz0sRZOjEnYSN4E4J0dug&r=ZIfKiIgrDixP6cTM2Qw0yd-boH-PbnHuWAyoniduEag&m=M32ID1WdG9Sao4IBOUNhMbWP77D09Bqgk8xn6KiOOXWoynvw3w_voUsneSGaRhzB&s=5HrKIONkkJVuAoYODFwF137kmRNoEh-zoxLA10zRTEA&e=> We are offering a pay-what-you-can option to keep the Summit accessible for all.
  *   Check out the website for additional opportunities to network and for events taking place on Saturday, July 16th.

•         Interested in sponsoring the summit or a table? Learn more here!<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.landandwaterpartnership.org_summit_2022ConferenceSponsor.pdf&d=DwMFaQ&c=dWz0sRZOjEnYSN4E4J0dug&r=ZIfKiIgrDixP6cTM2Qw0yd-boH-PbnHuWAyoniduEag&m=M32ID1WdG9Sao4IBOUNhMbWP77D09Bqgk8xn6KiOOXWoynvw3w_voUsneSGaRhzB&s=Bve3_YGOzNzExJGyHBLiF6UFSIwCjIJ79fAZxHr-ozU&e=> Deadline is TODAY!

  *   Interested in accommodations in Eddy Hall at URI?  Reserve your Room at Eddy Hall<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__web.cvent.com_event_5ca48abe-2D997e-2D449c-2Dae1f-2D7e0a2bbed299_summary-3FRefId-3DHome&d=DwMFaQ&c=dWz0sRZOjEnYSN4E4J0dug&r=ZIfKiIgrDixP6cTM2Qw0yd-boH-PbnHuWAyoniduEag&m=Lr_EdSzA0487iZ5gUvjLRzxRYq9ERidnPfEG_dF7fmC01iYaasVgHnMAgsV0K4c3&s=alRnpdG6wrqDeNc1Wvk9bPC7keAEbXlfxQXqgK1G_is&e=>
Third, at our Annual Meeting on June 8th, the RI Rivers Council agreed to continue the wonderful legacy, started by the Blueways Committee, of presenting the Blueways Stewardship Award at the Summit. This award is for an individual who exemplifies dedication to the stewardship and conservation of Rhode Island's rivers, estuaries, lakes and coastal waters. The Blueways Stewardship Award seeks individuals who have the respect of their peers and have notable accomplishments in some area of watershed management. Details on the call for nominations are attached to this email. Letters of Nominations should be sent to Veronica M. Berounsky, RIRC Chair, at info at ririvers.org<mailto:info at ririvers.org> and must be received by email by midnight June 30th.
Thanks for your attention,
Take care,
Veronica
Veronica M. Berounsky, Ph.D., Chair
Rhode Island Rivers Council
235 Promenade St. Suite 230
Providence, RI 02908
vmberounsky at uri.edu<mailto:vmberounsky at uri.edu>
401-932-5141
she/her/hers
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.ririvers.org__;!!KKphUJtCzQ!Lia70qagi6gGUUtPvsoJ1aUyRtPkKSDEReYbYHvsdQIsZ3gr4QZFfJmAOfZOfFd7sEYm69f2IcnXhzYRAAcoQLTefKhOnR2wZ7ly$ [ririvers[.]org] [https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://ririvers.org__;!!KKphUJtCzQ!Lia70qagi6gGUUtPvsoJ1aUyRtPkKSDEReYbYHvsdQIsZ3gr4QZFfJmAOfZOfFd7sEYm69f2IcnXhzYRAAcoQLTefKhOnbTJ1Y2r$ [ririvers[.]org]]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/www.ririvers.org/__;!!KKphUJtCzQ!PneY2kl5NxiQcDaDgoGlkfOEK583mByf3Nqi5KnO35Ey4lUow4WKiHLuU4hq5xyWsvqMmDb_4LUUcXm3U4UL9BDhi3nWbg$>
 RIRC: Created by the RI General Assembly in 1991 to coordinate efforts to improve the quality of the state’s rivers and their watersheds.  Celebrating our 31st year in 2022!