[YART] Bob Ross Painting

Colleen LeComte colleen.lecomte at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 20:57:26 EST 2019

I’ve seen a lot on forums online - apparently the Bob Ross Foundation is
specifically going after libraries and others trying to do this and
circumvent their $800 fee. We were thinking of just using a YouTube
personality that teaches painting the same way, but obviously they are not
Bob Ross. I found a few different ones to choose from on YouTube.

Also, Netflix doesn’t offer business or non-profit accounts, but you can
use your own to stream their movies/documentaries to patrons. Technically
there is an email address you can contact to ask permission and explain why
that movie and to whom. I have not seen a library denied yet, and they were
showing all kinds of movies, not just education ones. If you search the
teen groups on FB for “Netflix” one of them has the email in her post or
the comments.

Colleen