[Watersheds] FW: ECRI Earth Day - Tuesday April 25 3-4:30 pm

Panciera, Ernie (DEM) ernie.panciera at dem.ri.gov
Mon Apr 24 09:01:10 EDT 2017

Earth Day at the State House
Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 3:00pm
State Room of the RI State House
Join environmental advocates, organizations and concerned citizens to lobby the General Assembly on bills that protect and enhance the environment.
Event will include: Informational tables with environmental groups around the Rotunda followed by a brief speaking program at 3:15pm in the State Room which will give an overview of ECRI's 2017 policy priorities.

WHEN

Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 3 - 4:30pm

WHERE

Rhode Island State House State Room, 82 Smith St, Providence, RI 02903<http://maps.google.com/?q=82+Smith+St%2c+Providence%2c+RI+02903>

DESCRIPTION

You are invited to join ECRI at our annual Lobby Day, otherwise known as Earth Day at the Rhode Island State House. The environmental community gathers at the State House to remind legislators that they need to pay attention to the role of the environment in our communities.
2:30: Around the Rotunda: The festivities kick off. ECRI organizations assemble their display tables on the second floor and welcome attendees.
3:00: In the State Room: All ECRI members and organizations assemble to network and promote key policies.
3:15: Short speaking program in the State Room with ECRI leaders and state legislators talking about key environmental issues and environmental legislation, including ECRI priority bills.
3:30 Following the speaking program, ECRI members then reach out to Senators and Representatives to talk about key bills.
If you are unfamiliar with the ways of the statehouse, this is a great introduction and an opportunity to connect with other ECRI members and new environmental allies. Our experienced hands can help you find legislators and learn your way around.
ECRI organizations who wish to have a display table at the event, please contact Greg Gerritt to sign up for table space. Over the next month the ECRI Political Committee shall provide information on ECRI legislative priorities. Stay tuned for details on the speaking program. We also encourage ECRI organizations and the coalitions we work with to bring all of your friends and allies.
So put add ECRI's Annual Lobby Day on your calendar for Tuesday April 25th and get ready! Feel free to contact Greg or Kat if you have any questions at environmentcouncil at earthlink.net<mailto:environmentcouncil at earthlink.net> and kat at ripower.org<mailto:kat at ripower.org>

MUNICIPALITY

Providence

CATEGORIES

Climate, Conservation/Restoration, Economy, Governance, Planning & Development, Public Works/Infrastructure, Social Justice, Transportation, Waste, Water

ORGANIZED BY

Environment Council of Rhode Island

GROUP HOMEPAGE

www.environmentcouncilri.org<http://www.environmentcouncilri.org>, http://www.environmentcouncilri.org/news/earth-day-state-house-april-25th